Are your business teams having trouble tracking their work? Have you overheard, “What’s the status? I can’t find a status update!” Or something like, “The project is delayed again, and I can’t keep track of anything.
The answer is JIRA.
In small companies HR, legal, finance, and marketing teams can benefit from JIRA in the same ways software teams do. JIRA Core extends the workflow functionality and customizability of JIRA to business teams so they can track work, manage projects, and stay on top of everything. JIRA Core Issues can represent all kinds of things, a task, a document.
Just about anything you want to track can be an issue, and these issues are all contained in what’s called a project.
These projects are made up of finite and recurring tasks depending on how teams work.
Examples of what you can track in JIRA Core in a company:
1. Marketing teams – documents and content: A marketing team can track all the steps and see who’s working on what from to-do to done.
2. HR teams – people: JIRA Core gives HR teams what they need to do to get maximum success of employees.
3. Finance teams – reports and purchase approvals: JIRA Core provides accountability for each team member’s tasks and accuracy to make sure all the steps are followed. purchase requests can be represented as issue which go through a JIRA Core workflow that ensures the right people approve purchases and gives the budget to the proper team.
4.Program management teams : When a new policy/rule added to or removed from a company ,its difficult to keep track what needs to be done.With this technology the team can track the policy changes.
5.Legal team – documents: Legal teams can keep track of contract and documents ensure the right subject matter expert weighs in and proper approvals are in place.
Confluence is a wiki used by many companies to connect people with the content and co-workers they need to get their jobs done, faster.
- An online application built to help teams organize, discuss, and do their work
- Everything in Confluence is organized in spaces, which are a collection of related pages
- Spaces are made up of pages. Pages are the documents in which your team will create, edit, and discuss work.
There are many reasons to use wiki software some of reasons stated below:
- Get the best people on the right tasks and produce better overall results by letting everyone contribute.
- Anyone can put content online, quickly and securely – just click and start typing.
- Bringing the right people into the work and discussions taking
- place in Confluence is easy.
- Capture the tacit knowledge of your co-workers, often trapped in email, in confluence where never lost.
- Confluence makes sure you won't miss another important conversation again.
- Quick Navigation and Search makes sure you find what you're looking for, fast.
- Confluence meets the demands of the enterprise environment by keeping your content safe and secure.
- Combine powerful free-form content creation and collaboration with the document
- Management and workflow strengths of SharePoint and Office.
- Create customized designs and brand Confluence to match your corporate style.
JIRA and Confluence are two products that work even better together. Teams can use the strengths of Confluence for knowledge management, and the strengths of JIRA for work management. Work can be defined in Confluence and easily imported into JIRA for execution and delivery.
WIKI has great integration with current issue tracking system JIRA. In small companies they need both knowledge management as well as work management for which
JIRA and WIKI combination is a best solution for Startups and large Organization.